Copying files to Amazon S3 bucket gets bad metadata

NetDrive version: 3.5.434
Windows/Mac Version: Latest Win 10 Pro

After the recent NetDrive 3 update, I started having issues with my website which is hosted in an Amazon S3 bucket. Instead of displaying the default web page, it would ask to download the file. In researching this, I found that the html file was getting a metadata of “content-type=application/x-www-form-urlencoded” after being copied by NetDrive. When I manually changed the metadata to “content-type=text/html” the web page worked properly.

Since there is an automatic process that uploads the web page files every 30 minutes, every time the files are copied they get this invalid metadata.

If I used the Amazon S3 command line client (aws), the copy does not get this invalid metadata.

This problem only started occuring with a recent update to NetDrive.

We will check the issue and get back to you.

Thanks for your feedback.

We fixed the issue and you can test it with following beta version:

http://files.bdrive.com/netdrive/builds/e89aebcdc9bd4722931ae7cebf96d414/NetDrive3_Setup-3.5.450.exe

Thanks for your feedback.

After installing the beta you provided, I am no longer able to login to Netdrive3. Please help. Error message is unable to login with provided credentials.

Trying to login with Google, I get a screen that shows ?Netdrive3 versions available for your license: and then it doesn’’t show any.

Please try again there was some issue with our system.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.