Why does it take so long to copy to the temp cache folder?

NetDrive version: 3.4.398
Windows/Mac Version: Windows Server 2012 R2

When I copy over about 1.5GB of small files to my virtual NetDrive the Windows copy operation is VERY slow. I can see that NetDrive is adding the files to upload to the “Waiting” area and it’s uploading about 4 files at a time which is fine. The issue is it takes a REALLY long time just to copy the files to the local cache.

Is there anything that I can do to speed that part up?

If you are trying to copy lot of file and lot of folders, NetDrive will cache files but folders will create immediately and that may makes feel slow on copying files.

I don’t understand. When you say “NetDrive will cache files but folders will create immediately”, are you saying it will create the folders remotely on Google Drive immediately? From your explanation I still don’t see why it would take any longer to copy the files and folders to a local cache folder on my hard drive. Why would NetDrive not ONLY make changes on the Goggle Drive based on what’s in the cache folder? The whole idea of caching is supposed to speed things up. NetDrive in this case is just taking forever to process a simple copy op in windows and ends up killing my server’s performance.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.